When you click on a page, scroll past this week's featured photo to view.
This site is dedicated to sharing what we have learned with you! Enjoy our tutorials, and if you have a question please feel free to ask! I know one of our sugar enthusiasts will either know or try to find the answer. We all have something to share...and we all have something to learn!
Lady Bug, Lady Bug
Add a little fondant lady bug to your cake flowers in a few easy steps shared by Jacque Benson. Scroll down for tutorial.
2 boxes Betty Crocker Yellow Cake mix with pudding
2/3 cup orange juice
2 cups water
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
5 eggs or 1-1/4 cups Eggbeaters
1/4 cup oil or 4 tbsp. applesauce
1 cup sour cream
2-4 oz. containers orange yogurt
1 tbsp. orange extract or orange flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
* Mix all ingredients until well blended for about 2 minutes
* Once blended add in orange zest; mix by hand
* Prepare cake pans – grease and flour
* Makes six 7-3/4” oval cake pans, or about 4-8 or 9” rounds
* Bake at 335° - original WASC says 325°, but that doesn’t work for me…plus I have to bake about 1 hour & 15 minutes at 335° or until toothpick tested
* Mame Recckio Wolfe – 09/06/09-all rights reserved
Photography by Jacque Benson 2009 All Rights Reserved
This material may not be republished or reproduced in any manner without the expressed permission of the author.